Friday, October 19, 2007

an interesting day :)

Don't you love such days with great beginning and even better ending. I just had one of them :)
I was happily surprised with a mail from Germany, saying that I'm accepted as a delegate of one of the best conferences in AIESEC - NaLDS. That's a 1-week leadership conference that gathers a lot of international delegates and as I heard is really useful and fun. I'm so happy, happy, happy! I still remember me sending the application 3 days ago - 1 hour from the deadline, on a party :P I didn't expect such a fast reply, but German people are really fast and punctual. It will be interesting to go again to Germany - it was the first foreign country I visited - 4 years ago.
After a very intense day at work I was just in time for the presentation we had in Faculty of Economics of Sofia University. I had the pleasure to be the chair - the person that moderates the presentation. It was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it. As a whole the presentation was very good and I'm happy with my performance :) Hopefully I'll have the chance to work in AIESEC with some of the people that attended the presentation.
Of course not everything was perfect that day - an application of mine was turned down by the MC of AIESEC in Bulgaria ... again :( Maybe it's time to stop applying there. I won't have the chance to be a facilitator on the coolest conference this year that will gather all the newies from the different LCs. Too bad, I really wanted that, but I guess I can't have it all. It's no secret that I'm a bad looser so I have to find a way that this rejection won't affect me. Anyway, I have a lot of rethinking to do and it's time to get in order my priorities.
However my day finished in an excellent way. After the presentation I went to the birthday of Dessy - a new member of LC UNWE. I can say it was one of the best AIESEC parties I remember! Lots of people, lots of dancing, lots of fun ;) I met a lot of friends I haven't seen for a while and of course the enthusiastic newies. The atmosphere was heated by the alcohol and the beautiful girls :) I should be going to more of the parties of LC UNWE!
It's getting late here so I'm going to bed. Let's see what the next day has brought to me...

1 comment:

Sibulka said...

You know what - I felt the same last year - my application for Polish conference was not accepted than I didnt become facilitator in Romania, Tureky and CEEMOS - depressing don't you think?
But it all brought me to Bulgaria - amazing year of my life - I know how you feel but...
Most probably there is something better waiting for you or... u know this sentence about trying for three times???
Still I'm waiting for your info about what we talked about yesterday!