Friday, July 27, 2007

Shumen

Today I’ve decided finally to go home to Shumen and visit my family. It was about time I’d say – I’ve been away for more than a half year. When I moved to Sofia to study I used to go home once a month – quite normal taking in consideration that the distance Sofia-Shumen is around 380 km and it usually takes you 6,5 hours by train. Haha after my first return I almost felt like immigrant returning to his beloved city. Now it’s different – I’m used to living in Sofia and spending only 2-3 days a month in Shumen is something normal.
Anyway half a year is too long. I wanted to go to Shumen as soon as I came back from Denmark but I was quite busy with the trip to Beograd, AIESEC and looking for/starting to work. So now I’m taking the night train and will spend the weekend with my family. It will be a nice mini-vacation – a runaway from my daily life and a chance to taste some of my mum’s tasty meals :) Man, my family will be very happy to see me; they missed me a lot while I was abroad. I missed them as well.
Besides that I always like going to this city, to my city. It just feels so natural, so good. That’s the city where I spent my childhood, the first 18 years of my life. I have so many stories from there, so many friends and nice memories – the first love, the first true friendship, the first time I’ve been to a disco, all the contest I’ve been to and many many more... Whenever I go there I like to just wonder round the city center, go to cafes and clubs with friends or go for short trips to the monument, the castle ruins or somewhere else in the Shumen Plateau just above the city. I quite enjoy showing around friends from different cities. Sadly now most of my friends from high school had moved to study to other cities (like me), but still we see from time to time there.
So I’ll be going tonight. When are we going together to show you the charming and magnificent Shumen?! :P

2 comments:

Sibulka said...

hm probably I will write sth like that around Xmas!
Have fun

Ivaylo said...

It's always nice to return home but I hope you have lot's of fun here in Bulgaria :)