Wednesday, August 8, 2007

bye-bye LC UNWE

Yesterday I closed a chapter of my student's life - I left Local Committee Sofia-UNWE - my first touch to AIESEC. It was a normal, friendly farewell - I went to the General Assembly of the LC, voted for last time and gave them a request for cancelation of my membership status. It was quite an easy thing to do, practically I left the LC in the winter - with my departure for Denmark. I new how the people leave the organization and wondered how I fit in that. Some go through a glorious career, achieve a lot in AIESEC and become honorable members (alumni), some go to exchange and head for the future, and some just stop being active and eventually are voted off the LC. So what was my case - well it's another case :) I left the LC but I didn't leave AIESEC. I just moved. There is something in my personality that I just can't stand still at one place, I need to move, to change, to develop. I have this urge to follow opportunities and try new things. That's exactly what I did in AIESEC. After 2 years in the organization the proper development is to become a member of the Executive Body. That's what I strived for and when I couldn't get it in LC UNWE I found it eleswhere. That's how I joined LC TU and became a Vice-president Finance. A pretty right choice if you ask me :) I really like my current role in AIESEC and have great expectation for this term. It's gonna be much better than my stay in LC UNWE :)
After all AIESEC is all about providing opportunities, you just have to know where to find them and when you do - go for them!


So farewell LC UNWE and hello LC TU!

2 comments:

Sibulka said...

for sure it was the good choice!

Sis said...

You made me think... New cheese is there for you - enjoy it now :)