Friday, August 24, 2007

A visitor from abroad


A view from the MC office


In the forest :)
A view from the Shumen Fortress


So far my stories with foreigners usually started like "I went to ..... and visited ......" Well, this time I didn't have to go anywhere, it was my turn to be a good host and welcome a friend from abroad :) So the point is that I had a visitor - Adam from Hungary, the same Adam that I visited in June in Budapest. It was his turn to return the visit and I had the chance to show my beautiful country to a foreign friend.

Adam came on Wednesday night (15 August) with the train from Solun (Tessaloniki). I hosted him on my brother's place (those of you who know my new messy room in block 26 know why :P) - quite a nice place with enough space. Due to my job I had to leave him alone during 2 days but on Thursday night we had quite a good time exploring the night life in Studentski Grad :) At first we picked Aga and Mladen and then tried my father's home made rakia. After that we headed for Avenue - I don't know why but I keep bringing friends in that disko :) Well, the place is one of my favourite and I like the music there.

On friday after work I showed Adam the AIESEC MC office. We found there Tony (LCP of LC Svishtov) and a boy and a girl from the French MC. We had a nice sightseeing walk with them and after a quick packing of the luggage headed for the train station.

We took the long way from Sofia to Shumen for around 7 hours in the crowded train (I slept most of the time :P) and had a good rest in my home. The day was ours and we went full of energy to explore Shumen. I guess the enegry was not so much, because after the killing sightseeing route I chose we were dead tired and stoped in my grandparents' place for some refreshment. The nice old people liked Adam and he was like an atraction to them. I guess it was the same for Adam when they started sharing stories about the time they were in Budapest on a holiday. Meanwhile I managed to show Adam the pride of Shumen - the monument on top of the city (quite a nice place) that can be reached after you climb 1300 stairs. The number is symbolic - it was built exactly 1300 years after the creation of the Bulgarian State. From there we took a "short" walk in the forest (5-10 km) to the Fortress of Shumen.

Well, the day was finishing but we found a little more energy and partied in the best disko in Shumen til 5 o'clock. We couldn't stay more in Shumen because we had to go to Burgas, where Silvia was waiting for us. There we took the bus/sauna to her place in Pomorie (or Pomodoro as Adam says :D). We had 2 great days there on the beach. Silve, BIIIIG thanks for being such a great host :)

On Monday night we all went to Burgas to take the train to Istanbul (that's another story) where we spent 2 amazing days. After that we stopped again in Shumen and I had to say goodbye to Adam who went home.

Thanks for the visit Adam! We had a lot of fun! Hope to see you again soon! You are always welcome in Bulgaria!

No comments: