Sunday, August 26, 2007

Homeless?

What do you connect students dormitories with? Cheap way of living, dirty little rooms, nonstop parties - of course, but also troubles and endless administrative issues :( I hate to deal with SSO (the devision that manages the dorms). It's all about endless queues and problems.
So what is the problem - I had a decent room in one of the best blocks in Student Town (block 23) with good roommates. I was hoping to still have it when I return from Denmark, but noooo - things had to change. They decided to renovate the block. Normally a good intention - after the renovations I would have one of the best rooms in Studentski. So the idea was to put us temporary in other blocks, finish the renovation before the start of the school year and put us back in the new rooms. Hahaha - it's too good to be true, not in Bulgaria. Well, we had to move and we did - now I occupy a messy room on the first floor with awful toilet. When I was talking about smth with the supervisor of the block ("domakinka") and mentioned that I'm in room 121 she said - "Oh, you are in that crappy room" :( "Good news" is that I won't have to stay here for long - I have to be gone by the end of the month. That would be cool if I had a place to stay. Block 23 maybe - hahha try again! After 2 months of renovation they just emptied the rooms and did absolutely nothing to renovate them. Lasy bastards! So now nobody knows when it's gonna be finished. There is a solutions - I can apply for a room in another block but then I'll lose any chance to go back to block 23 :( Off and I want to stay there, I had enough of moving. But still I hav to find a place to stay til they finish it.
Have no idea what to do but will think of something.

3 comments:

Sis said...

Ahh, thank you for writing this blog instead of me...
See you on the crowd infront of 23A at 4 o´clock in the morning...

Ivaylo said...

I've decided to move - again :( New room, new roommates, new luck :) I just ain't gonna wait for some lazy bastards to do their job and repair my beloved block. Anyway I heard a rummor that they'll make it like a hotel or at least increase the rent significally (120lv/60euro) So I have no idea where I'll live but hopefully will find out soon.
Hey Sis, let's make a tent camp ("palatkov lager") in front of 23A :D See you somewhere there in the front rows :) Btw when are you coming to Sofia?

Unknown said...

I dunno...the beach house was kind of scary!
Especially our bathroom. It got moldy SO quickly!