Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reception activities

A thing that I really enjoy is meeting new people from different countries, different cultures. It's a nice way to experience diversity, see another perspective and a good opportunity to represent your own country. During my past travels I hade quite many chances to do that, as a result I have a lot of foreign friends in all parts of Europe and not only. But most of the communication I had with foreigners was abroad. That's why I'm really happy when I have the chance to meet some foreigners in Bulgaria.
I had this chance yesterday :) Two CEEDers from LC VTU (Peter from Poland/England and Viki from Russia) came to Sofia for a short trip. Aga took them in her room in Studentski Grad for two nights. One of this nights we went together to party in Studentski. Veli aslo joined us in the beginning. So basicly it was up to me to bring them to some nice place and make sure they are having great time. And indeed we had a really good time :) After a nice conversation in an old fashioned pub (mehana) and some beers we headed to my favourite disco (Avenue). We had some small problems like rain and forgotten identity card but finally we were inside for some dancing. The good thing about Avenue is that on the first floor there is disco music and on the second - pop-folk (chalga) so you can change places and listen to what you like. It wasn't crowded so we had enough space to dance, although all the seats were reserved. The chalga music and dances were a bit strange for them so we spent most of the time downstairs :D
Anyway, I hope they enjoyed the stay and will keep good memories from nightlife Sofia :))))

1 comment:

Sibulka said...

cool, reception weekend, really nice!