Saturday, November 3, 2007

LIS

So it finaly came - THE CONFERENCE - Local Induction Seminar of LC TU 2007! This was one of the most amazing experience I've had!!! It's hard to describe with word all the emotions I experienced, all the thoughts that were passing my mind, all the fun I had, and the satisfaction when everything finished!
So what happened and how we did it:
In LC TU we do it good, we do it interesting, we do it at the last possible moment :D We had so little preparation that I can't believe we made it. Instead of taking a good sleep before the opeing of the conference I was preparing sessions till 03:00 only to continue doing it from 05:00 on. We lacked time but we had a lot of passion and willingness to show our best and meet the delegates' expectations. We also had Ivo (MCP) who helped us a loooooooot and who made it possible for us to deliver such a good conference that will stay in the memories of the delegates.
And there came the delegates - around 35 curious people who had no idea what was going to happen to them in the next 2 days :) We left them no time to be bored :) I'm quite sure they enjoyed our sessions - both amuzing anf funny but also useful for them. It was my first time as facilitator. I thought it will be a bit uneasy and nervous for me but when I faced them and saw the friendly attitude in their eyes everything just came naturally. I was enjoying it so much :) My positive attitude and smile must have been contagiuos because the delegates were enjoing it as well. I was so proud back home reading my sugar cubes (short messages that everybody can send to whoever wants) where they were stating their approval of me as facilitator and of the conferense as whole :) It really touched me. Believe me the experience to face so many people and make them play, make them have fun, make them passionate about something is a feeling so great that I recommend it to everybody!
But what about our guests - we had quite interesting party delegates - a big group of alumni and members from LC UNWE came to see us and share the fun and the party with us. They were quite cool and really contributed for the good mood. Always in the middle of the party, they showed they have the AIESEC spirit in them and made me enjoy the night so much. Maybe the only bad thing about the party was that I slept only for 1 hour and barely made it home the next day, where the first thing I did was to jump in my bed and spend the next 12 hours thare ;)
I bet the conference was a bit tiring for all but also quite memorable and a cool start of a wonderful year in AIESEC! I do hope everybody was so inspired that those 2 days will keep them motivated for at least 2 years (:P) and lead them to success!
My thoughts are getting very random and I should stop writing. Instead I'll post some pictures :) I'll post more when i get the photos from Rumen who was not only an important member of my punishment team (oh my god this team was wild ;)) but also the person who made more pics than all the others together :D


1 comment:

Anton Valkov said...

Good luck with the newies, Ivo!