Friday, November 23, 2007

NaLDS

It's about time to update my blog and share with you one of the most amazing experiences that happened to me recently - NaLDS. This is an AIESEC conferences that annually is held in Sankt Andreasberg, Germany. Throughout the years it had gained the popularity of one of the best conferences in AIESEC on the theme of leadership. Although a German conference every year it's becoming more international and there you can find delegates from all around the world. I was the only Bulgarian but I managed to meet very interesting people from Kenya, Romania, Denmark, Czech Republic, Serbia, Hungary, Nigeria, Columbia, Italy, Norway, Iran, Slovakia and many more. You can imagine the diversity we had during the Global Village :)
What is special about NaLDS is the atmosphere it creates. For one week you are disconnected from all your troubles and concerns back home and you have time for self-reflection and deeper understanding of your goals, vision and values. It makes you think about a lot of things and throughout the process you realize a lot of things about yourself. I really enjoyed the time spent with my home group - 12 amazing individuals (including 2 facis) with who we had great discussions, practical games and a lot of sharing. I once again realized how important is to share your thoughts and ideas and get a feedback from the others. I hope I managed to wrap up all the knowledge I got there and make use of the discussions and the reflection time. However I'm sure that NaLDS was very useful for me - I managed to align my thoughts and get really close to a very important decision about the next year of my life. Not to mention all the new friends I got there :) I love you guys and hope to see you again soon! Flyyy Eagles :P
Here are some pictures from NaLDS so that you can feel the incredible atmosphere there:

Home group 7 - The Eagles!


The whole group - Sami, Gustavo, Veronica, Ivan, Andreea, Maziar, me, Sascha, Martin, Martina, Davide and Sebastian

Official dinner

Work during the sessions

AIESEC dances

Me and Martina :)

Me and Peter - my host in Cologne

White, green and red - Bulgaria, Hungary and Italy

Can Bulgaria and Kenya be neigbours? On Global Village anything is possible :)

Nice snowy picture after the snow ball fight

No comments: