Thursday, September 6, 2007

Unity Makes Power


Today is a Bulgarian national holiday - the Bulgarians celebrate 122 years from the Unification of Bulgaria and Eastern Rumelia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Bulgaria) This holiday is very important for our history because it shows the courage and determination of our ancestors to oppose the Great Powers and unite our scattered country. This was truly an act that we can be proud of and honour the brave organizators and the soldiers that died in the following Serbo-Bulgarian war. Unfortunately nowadays there is am apathy about this holiday and you can hardly feel something special about the day. Some of my friends didn't even know it's a holiday.

I remember last 6th of September - I was in USA then and did my best to memorate the day and show I'm proud to be Bulgarain. I guess it's true that everybody becomes more or less patriotic when he leaves the county. However I don't need to be away from Bulgaria to love it and will try to make it a special day and enjoy it as much as I can :)



HAPPY HOLIDAY DEAR BULGARIANS!!!!!!

No comments: