Wednesday, May 2, 2007

On fire :)

During the past days I feel alive again. I’m my normal self dealing with 1000 things and feeling the satisfaction after each mini success. It kind of reminds me my usual life in Sofia where I had to deal with AIESEC, with the university and with my social life. I began to feel bored here in this sleepy place where there are not enough challenges. But now it’s ok. Working on the project at the university fills a lot of my time and gives me a chance to act as informal leader of my group and coordinate the process. It’s surprising how much I enjoy writing about Bulgaria and its social and economic reality (because of the project). I somehow feel closer to my country.

Add to this the continuous writing of applications. I just got an e-mail saying that I’m accepted for the International Student Week in Belgrade (iswib.org) from 28 June to 5 July. I still haven’t decided if I’ll go but it’s good to have options :) First I’ll wait and see the results for the International Cultural Week in Pecs – another big conference/cultural week (icwip.hu) from 19 to 29 July. Man, I really should decide when I want to go back to Bulgaria and plan the trip back and which conference and countries I’ll visit. I have promised too many friends that I’ll try to visit them on my way back and should figure something.

Another good thing is that things are finally getting right in AIESEC and I’m again passionate about the organization and my future there. Currently applying for Non-corporate Manager on national level I have a good chance to have an interesting year in AIESEC working with a great team of professionals and friends. However if I’m not selected I have another option I recently learned – it appears that LC Technical University – the other local committee in Sofia is in need of experienced people to take the vice president finance position and they are interested in me. This will be a great chance to take a leadership position and face the challenge of working in a new place with new people. So if just a couple of months ago I was seriously considering to leave the organization, now I’m facing one more year filled with interesting and responsible work, many great AIESEC conferences and lots and lots of new friends :)

Wow this post is getting long and I don’t want to bore you too much :P Stay tuned for more interesting events from Denmark.

No comments: