Saturday, February 17, 2007

Danish countryside

Today we decided to do smth interesting and with a few of my friends drove to the sea. This was the first time I saw the Baltic Sea. Well actually the sea wasn't very pleased to see me - it was freezingly cold and the wind was blowing right through my bones. The message was clear - we don't want you now, come back in the summer. Not that we were willing to take a bath in the sea, anyway. We were just curious. Our curiosity was rewarded - we saw the oldes tree in the whole island (and it is a big island, as well as the tree :) ) The inteesting thing is that there is a hole in the tree where you can actually go inside and hide from the wind. There was no trouble for the 5 of us to go in :)
After that we just went in the car and drove along the coast with no direction. It was really relaxing. The Danish countryside is so beautiful. And it is still winter, I can imagine how beautiful it is in the spring. It was so nice seeing all those clasical old-style buildings just few meters from the beach, surrounded by the majestic forest. Suddenly Lyngby reminded me of some of the beatiful Bulgarian coastal town - Pomorie, Nesebar, Sozopol and many more. When I go back to Bulgaria in the summer I'll definitely visit some of them. If anybody is interested we can go together :)

No comments: